Business Dispute Resolution for Non-Lawyers
Module Leader: Brian Harrington
This informative and interactive full day session (which combines theory based learning with a series of interactive group sessions) has been created to provide business owners, managers, executives and others with a solid understanding of the key aspects of legal practice and procedure impacting on the resolution and management of businesses disputes. [NB This course can be provided in two half day modules]
This module aims to provide participants with:
- A solid grounding in the fundamentals of resolving business disputes through the Civil Courts and other processes, including Arbitration and Adjudication.
- A thorough introduction to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) including Mediation, Expert Determination, Early Neutral Evaluation.
- A comprehensive grounding in the Civil Court system and the pre-action protocols.
- An introduction to the key stages of a Civil Court action.
- The knowledge and understanding needed to manage disputes and what to do when things go wrong.
By the end of this module, participants will:
- Understand the key concepts underpinning business dispute management and the choices available.
- Have clarity about legal practice and procedure when a business dispute arises, and how to minimise the impact of a dispute.
- Appreciate the key ADR alternatives to Civil Court litigation and the pros and cons.
- Understand the key stages of the Civil Court process.
- Have an appreciation of how to avoid pitfalls and manage costly legal disputes effectively.
- Be able to utilise their newly gained knowledge of business dispute management practice and procedure to assist in the effective running of their business and/or operation.
Business Dispute Resolution for Non-Lawyers: Course Agenda
|09:00 - 09:30||Coffee and Registration|
|09:30 - 09:35||Introduction to the day|
|09:35 - 10:10||Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)|
|10:10 - 10:30||Group work and case study A|
|10:30 - 10:45||Coffee Break|
|10:45 - 12:15||Jurisdictions|
|12:15 - 12:30||Group work and case study B|
|12:30 - 13:15||Lunch|
|13:15 - 13:30||Pre-Action Protocols|
|13:30 - 14:00||Court Litigation Procedure – Commencement|
|14:00 - 14:15||Group work and case study C|
|14:15 - 14:30||Coffee Break|
|14:30 - 15:15||Court Litigation Procedure – Progression|
|15:15 - 15:30||Group work and case study D|
|15:30 - 16:00||Contracts|
|16:00 - 16:15||Case Management|
|16:15 - 16:30||Recap of the day|
Our standard charge is £200 plus VAT per delegate for a full day course, if it is being held at our premises or a venue close to our offices. In addition, we do offer three for the price of two rates.
For a half day course, our fees are £125 plus VAT per delegate.
Should you require the course to be held in-house at your premises, then the fee would be £2,000 plus VAT for up to 12 attendees. Should your premises be in London, then the fee would be £2500 plus VAT plus travel and hotel costs.
For a half day course, our fee would be £1250 or £1500 for London plus travel costs.
If you are interested in reserving a place, please contact our Events Manager, Danielle Sunley.
Get in Touch
With Lupton Fawcett on your side, you're taking control. Contact us today.
“ I just want to add that yesterday’s seminar was absolutely brilliant, the speakers, their subject knowledge and content was exceptional and it was delivered in such a way that an otherwise difficult and sometimes ‘dry’ subject came across in manageable and enjoyable format.” Kate Swinton, Sweet Squared
“This was one of only a handful of courses that I have ever been on where I have walked away having thought that it was time well spent, and that I had learnt something" Gemma Gill, Call Credit Information Group Leeds
“Well presented with especially useful discussions about real case studies. Excellent training day throughout“. Saoirse Cowley, Government Legal Department
“Pitched at the right level; not too detailed but sufficient to enable an overall understanding of key aspects of employment law”. Chris Brewster, Animal Care Plc
“Excellent presentation, clear learning outcomes and very good case studies”. Attendee Chaucer Foods Limited
“Excellent and entertaining delivery“. Bred Duncan, Duncan Chartered Accountants
“Very well presented. All information detailed and very well put across”. Mathew Chafer, Begbies Traynor
“Excellent presenters, dynamic case studies and examples”. Camilla Reece, Financial Force
“Really enjoyed the day ; learned something new ! Excellent facilitators“. Sarah Kelly, HR Manager CPP
“Very well presented and very informative”. Shanna Pindair, Yorkshire Energy Partnership
“Detailed , very informative, great use of case studies to illustrate examples”. Alexandra Myer, Morrisons Supermarket Plc