Jeremy joined Lupton Fawcett in November 2014 to head the Regulatory and Corporate Defence Department.
Jeremy has 25 years' experience of defending companies, from owner managed businesses to national blue chip names, as well as their directors and other senior employees, when facing regulatory criminal investigation or prosecution. His objective is always to protect the business and key personnel from the potential negative outcomes of an investigation or prosecution, whether financial, reputational or personal.
He has successfully represented clients in cases at all levels from the Magistrates Court to the European Court of Human Rights and is an experienced advocate.
Jeremy has a reputation for being able to provide practical and sensible commercial advice to directors and senior management on the effective management of both individual and corporate criminal regulatory liability.
- Food Standards
- Corporate Fraud
- Alcohol Licensing
- Health and Safety
- Trading Standards
- Environment Agency
- Bribery and Corruption
- Corporate Manslaughter
- CQC regulation of care homes
- HMRC tax fraud and NMW legislation
- Transport regulatory matters including speeding and other road traffic offences
- 1988 Graduated with BA degree in Law & Politics
- 1990 Graduated from Chester College of Law
- 1992 Qualified as a Solicitor
- 2001 Became Head of Regulatory & Criminal Defence at Langleys, York
- 2012 Obtained Higher Rights of Audience: Civil and Criminal
- 2013 Recommended in Legal 500 for Regulatory Crime / Corporate Compliance
- 2014 Recommended in Legal 500 for Fraud, and for Transport
- 2014 Became Director / Head of Regulatory & Criminal Defence at Lupton Fawcett, Leeds
What Others Say
"I have been extremely pleased with the outcome of this case and would like to express my gratitude for your help on the matter, as I believe this is an outcome that I could not have achieved otherwise." ET, London.
- Law Society
- Health and Safety Lawyers Association (HSLA)
- UK Environmental Lawyers Association (UKELA)
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Criminal Litigation Accreditation Scheme (CLAS) Law Society specialist panel
- Solicitor Higher Court Advocate: Civil and Criminal (HCA) SRA specialist panel
When not at work
Jeremy enjoys good claret.