James has over 26 years experience of advising insolvency practitioners, banks, funders, asset based lenders, directors and individuals in respect of all aspects of personal and corporate insolvency.
He has a wide and varied understanding of many industry sectors and the particular stresses and pressures that cause financial difficulties. He uses his wealth of knowledge to tailor pragmatic solution led advice.
Having considerable and recognised skills in both the contentious and non contentious arenas James has the versatility to handle a wide variety of assignments from the most straightforward to those of great complexity.
- 1986 Graduated from the University of Leeds : LLB
- 1989 Qualified as a Solicitor with DLA
- 1997 Became a Partner at DLA
- 2005 Became a Partner at Lee & Priestley
- 2011 Became Managing Partner at Lee & Priestley
- 2012 Merged Lupton Fawcett with Lee & Priestley and became a Director, and Member of the Management Board, at Lupton Fawcett Lee & Priestley (now Lupton Fawcett)
- 2014 Departmental Head - Business Recovery and Insolvency
What Others Say
His expertise in restructuring and corporate insolvency matters has added a layer of depth to the team, according to clients. - Chambers & Partners UK
"commercial and responsive" and is someone clients "would not hesitate to recommend." - Chambers & Partners UK
- Insolvency Lawyers Association
- Member R3 Yorkshire Regional Committee
When not at work
James enjoys skiing, cooking, playing the guitar and travel - especially to Italy. He has also taken up road cycling.