Hayden is a Director at Lupton Fawcett and works within the firms Dispute Management Department.
Hayden deals with both contentious and non-contentious work across a variety of sectors. Hayden specialises in property litigation taking instructions nationally in relation to both residential and commercial property related matters.
Hayden is known for his depth of knowledge, experience and recognised for his approachability and commerciality.
Landlord and Tenant
- Possession and breach of covenant claims
- Contested business lease renewals
- Rent Reviews
- Lease extension and enfranchisement claims
- Claims in relation to withholding of consent for example in relation to subletting, assignment and alterations
- Valuation disputes
- Service charge and rent arrears recovery/disputes
- Property related insolvency issues and tenant default
- Boundary and title disputes including party wall disputes
- Mortgage repossession claims
- Restrictive covenants and development disputes
- Property related professional negligence claims in main brought against surveyors and solicitors
Hayden has acted in cases in the Queens Bench and Chancery Divisions of the High Court including the Commercial Court and Technology and Construction Court, the County Court and regularly represents clients before the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal and Lands Tribunal.
- 2002 Graduated at Manchester University in Business Management
- 2004 Completed Post Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at York College of Law
- 2006 Qualified as a Solicitor with Fox Hayes
- 2009 Joined Lupton Fawcett as an Associate Solicitor
- 2013 Appointed Director at Lupton Fawcett
What Others Say
Noted as "outstanding." - Good Lawyer Guide 2012
Hayden's knowledge and understanding of the property industry has been invaluable to my company and the service he provides us is second to none. - Nick Statman, Managing Director, Gateway Homes Uk Limited
Hayden is diligent, very sharp, has great attention to detail and always gets us the results we want. - Justin Owen, Managing Director, Catfoss Finance Limited
Hayden is an extremely astute litigator with first-class commercial instinct and very good client management skills. - Jonathan French, Barrister at Exchange Chambers
- Law Society
- Property Litigation Association
- Leeds Property Association
- Residential Landlords Association
- Israel Chamber of Commerce
When not at work
Married with a young daughter who now takes up most of his spare time! However when he does find time to relax Hayden enjoys skiing, going to the gym, travelling, following Leeds United and property renovation and development.