Chris is a Director and Head of the Family Law Department. Having qualified as a Solicitor in 1994, his practice has exclusively covered a wide spectrum of family law issues. He regularly advises spouses and civil partners in relation to divorce and financial matters arising out of the breakdown of marriages and also advises on the drafting of cohabitation, pre-nuptial and separation agreements.
Chris is an experienced and respected court advocate and has represented parties in cases which have been cited in the Law Reports and on matters which have attracted national media coverage.
He has also acted for and against people in the public domain.
He has been a long standing member of the Law Society's specialist Children Panel since 1999 and was elected to the North and West Yorkshire Regional Committee of Resolution in 2013. He is also the Press Officer for the Regional Committee.
Clients value the depth and breadth of experience, pragmatism and detail that Chris offers when advising, negotiating or litigating in family law matters.
Chris is often instructed to advise Local Authorities on a wide range of child protection issues, prior to and following issue of proceedings.
He also advises schools in relation to their internal policies, procedures and responsibilities and ensures policies are compliant with regulation and law.
Chris also has experience in representing parents in appeals against Local Authorities decisions and has been instructed to represent parents at a First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability).
- Divorce & Financial settlements
- Adoption and Children Act applications
- Cohabitation / Civil Partnership disputes
- Trusts of Land applications
- Pre-nuptial, cohabitation and Separation Agreements
- Private Law Children Act disputes concerning children (acting for parents in applications for child arrangements orders)
- Public Law Children Act applications (acting for Local Authorities, parents and children's guardians)
- Advising Local Authorities on Child Protection matters
- Advising schools on policies and procedures
- 1991 Completed LL.B (Hons) degree
- 1994 Qualified as a Solicitor
- 1998 Assistant Solicitor at Lee & Priestley LLP
- 2001 Salaried Partner at Lee & Priestley LLP
- 2005 Equity Partner at Lee & Priestley LLP
- 2012 Director at Lupton Fawcett Lee & Priestley
- 2013 Director at Lupton Fawcett
- 2016 Appointed as the Regional Committee's Press Officer for North Yorkshire Resolution
What Others Say
You provided me with clear, sensible and sound advice that was easy to understand. - Mr P
Very pleased with the service. - Mrs W
What a great job Chris did to finalise the court orders and hearing for us. - Mr & Mrs D
Excellent service was offered. - Anon
I was heartened by the detailed responses both in the meeting and via email that Chris was able to give – he seems to have a very clear handle on the situation and is doing his best to keep you appraised of your rights. - Financial adviser to Lady G
Thank you Chris for all you have done to help me. - Ms K
- Law Society
- Leeds Law Society
- Member of Resolution
- Member of Law Society's specialist Children's Panel
- Resolution Regional Committee Member
When not at work
When not at work Chris enjoys walking which is sometimes combined with the odd game of golf. Otherwise, he enjoys the theatre, cinema, music, and cooking.