Data Protection Training - Full day course - York 27th February 2018
When & Where?
This interactive full-day training session (which combines theory-based learning with a series of interactive group sessions) gives an understanding of the duties imposed on organisations by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), which will come into force in May 2018.
The GDPR imposes duties on those who collect, store, manage and destroy data, and will be relevant to virtually all organisations in the UK.
This module aims to provide participants with:
- an understanding of the main concepts of the GDPR:
- data controllers and data processors
- personal data
- special categories of personal data
- data processing
- key data protection principles
- individuals' rights, including subject access requests and the right to be forgotten
- the knowledge to enable managers to ensure compliance with the GDPR at a practical level, including:
- how to ensure that the organisation can demonstrate lawful purposes for processing data
- the requirement for consent forms and privacy notices
- appointing a Data Protection Officer
- whether the organisation’s security arrangements are sufficiently robust
- how to handle subject access requests
- an understanding of the enforcement regime
- an overview of the GDPR and the steps that they should be taking now to prepare for compliance in May 2018
By the end of this module, participants will:
- understand the key concepts relating to data protection within their own organisation
- be able to utilise their newly gained knowledge to prepare and implement an effective policy
- understand the current enforcement regime
- understand the main steps to take now to prepare for the GDPR
For the full day course agenda, please click here.
Our standard charge is £200 plus VAT per delegate for a full day course, if it is being held at our premises or a venue close to our offices. In addition, we do offer three for the price of two rates.
For a half day course, our fees are £125 plus VAT per delegate.
Should you require the course to be held in-house at your premises, then the fee would be £2,000 plus VAT for up to 12 attendees. Should your premises be in London, then the fee would be £2500 plus VAT plus travel and hotel costs.
For a half day course, our fee would be £1250 or £1500 for London plus travel costs.